ATS friendly CV
I have been in the GCC Job market for more than one and half-decade. I often hear and notice that Jobseekers get frustrated of not getting interview calls despite their response to the hundreds of job openings. I have reviewed and found some weakness in the CVs of some candidates who had not received any calls although they responded to numerous job vacancies. I found them frustrated why they did not get interview calls at least for the screening. There are common mistakes in most of the CVs which I reviewed and was shocked to see so many common mistakes which are unacceptable which might land in BIG NO JOB ZONE.
- A CV is not ATS support format or not even friendly format and keywords missing. – CV more than 3 pages (If possible, restrict to 2 pages).
- The role not in chronological order.
- No achievements mentioned
- Core skills missing, which is must require for the respective role
- Grammatical mistakes
- Format so tight and not easy to read
- Different type of fonts and different size across the whole CV.
- Sentences not aligned and too long sentences.
- Not mentioning enough job description hardly 3 to 4 lines.
- Highlighted with too many colours
- Added Company logo & images, instead of mentioning Company name.
- Too much of personal details provided apart from contact number & email like mother name, father name, passport number, date of issue, date of expiry.
- CV details and LinkedIn details not matching like Joining date & leaving date, Job description. Anything to add.
- Profile Pictures
- Icons, ®️
- Horizontal Lines,
- Vertical Lines (Except Tiny Dividers)
- Mixed Fonts, Multiple Colours, Graphs
- Font Size
- SMALLER Than 11 Points
- Hyperlinks (Including Links Email And LinkedIn)
- Text Boxes
You may email your CV for a free evaluation if it is ATS friendly to firstname.lastname@example.org